Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Word About the Water Men

Those rad dudes I'm posed with in the multi-colored hats and funky clothes are quite interesting. They are Berber men, the Moroccan equivalent of Native Americans, who carry water in what appears to be goatskin pouches, or maybe discarded bagpipes with glued on animal fur, and offer it to thirsty passersby for a small fee. True to the Moroccan culture of sharing, everyone drinks from the same cup. I highly doubt that they've ever been washed, a mere side note that doesn't ruffle my feathers, but a fact that those germ phobic microbiologists in the family would appreciate.

1 comment:

  1. How is one supposed to build up an immunity to anything without parktaking of the furry bagpipes? I'd drink out of it. Actually, on closer examination of the teeth of the old men, perhaps I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete