Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Everything's Finger Food



Delicious meals like this Rafisa are set before my hungry belly with regularity. This bowl of spicy goodness was soon attacked by 7 sets of hands shortly after the picture was taken. We all eat from the same dish and silverware is hardly ever used, making eating a much more intimate experience. Even the water is shared...we either pass around a large bottle that everyone drinks from or pour it into a communal cup. I quite like being able to lick all that flavor off my hands when the meal is over. One thing is a bit disconcerting after having been lectured by Paci about the intricacies of microbiology: its customary to only use soap for washing hands after the meal. I guess they look dirtier.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your kind of meal!!I have to say that I Don't know if I could do it! But I do love the idea of having eating being a more intimate experience!

    ReplyDelete