Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sun of a Beach



A lazy 15 minute stroll from my house will bring me here. Cool, eh? You'll find me there most mornings. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll be doing a combination workout of swimming and yoga. On MWF I'll be running. Once my Arabic and football (soccer) skills pick up a bit, maybe I'll join one of the many games. These Moroccans are more obsessed with football than any other people I've met.

One of my favorite beach experiences was this...I met up with Ali, a friend that I'd met in a park. The way we met was interesting. I was on an awkward date with a henna artist. Communication was limited and she was trying to be very physical. We saw these guys playing guitar and sat down to listen. One of them offered his guitar for me to play and we happily spent the next 30 minutes in non-awkward guitar playing bliss. It was a nice respite from Miss Henna.

Well, Ali and I met up Monday night to get my guitar strings fixed. We met some dudes at the shop who invited us to a jam session. None of us really knew each other that well, but we went up to a rooftop terrace overlooking the beach as the sun was going down and just JAMMED! Well...they jammed. They were amazing guitarists...I mostly tapped my guitar as the happy percussionist content to soak in their guitar genius.

3 comments:

  1. A henna artist.....being physical.....you'll definitely have to explain in detail when you get home! Can't believe you have the beach so close to you! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful sight! I'm jealous of your ambitious work-out routine. I love that you will be using your bod to soak in the luxury of having a beach so close.
    Did this chick like touch your package or something? It sounds like it was a relief to be able to play the guitar and just chill. I think that's great. I can just picture you tapping your guitar... haha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most importantly, you're title is hell-arious. Very clever. People will start thinking you're me. Lol, not. Mkay, it's hella cool that you can hop, skip, then roll(we all know you have trouble jumping) to the beach! But I'm a little afraid of what you run into there. I.e. fiesty hennah.

    ReplyDelete