Saturday, July 24, 2010

Where Da Freaks At?

I tentatively raised my hand to affirm my freakishness to Missy Elliott as she posed this soul-searching question to the thousands of people packed into the beach side venue in Casablanca who then proceeded to get their freaks on with her. The 5th largest mosque in the world loomed large in the background with its bright green laser pointing the way to Mecca. David and I had a blast at this two-day music festival. We caught numerous trains just as doors were closing (yes!) and stayed with some 'friends' we'd spoken to for about 5 minutes. Moroccan hospitality will never stop being surprising.

The best band whose name I can't find as somehow I'm being denied access to the festival website was on Saturday night. Their set included two trombones, saxophone, guitar, flute and drums. It was such a melange, going from rap style presentation to jazz to heavy metal. They played a medley that started with Rage Against the Machine, then continued to include 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Guns N' Roses, Dr. Dre and ended with Empire State of Mind. Free music festivals are definitely on my awesome list!

1 comment:

  1. Dane you took that man's hat I bet he was pissed

    ReplyDelete