Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"The Dweam Wiffin' a Dweam"



The moment a lot of you have been waiting for has arrived. Vicky (Hermione) and I are shown here with our proud matchmaker and owner of a wedding shop. We were chatting it up with these guys I'd met a few days earlier when all of a sudden we were putting on traditional Moroccan wedding clothes and taking engagement pictures.

We spent our honeymoon exploring a half-completed mosque, the beach and a palace. The mosque was meant to be the largest in the world but was not completed during the reign of its advocate and no one really shared in his ambition after he died. So, here it sits halfway done. The beach is only a 15 min. leisurely walk from my place. I met a guy there who speaks Spanish. We had a nice talk about religion and politics. I enjoy meetings where I talk about things you're not supposed to with people you're trying to be friends with. It was a weird honeymoon. Vicky was talking to a guy in French the whole time.

6 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! Another sister-in-law! Sounds like the weirdest honeymoon ever. You speaking politics with some guy and next to you Vicky is speaking French. Messed up. I went on a date the other night and ended up talking about prop 8 within the first hour. Weird. He was like a homophobe, which made for a heated conversation, because I don't mind a good dike. You both look super hot in your wedding gear, though. Also- 15 minute walk from your house and BAM the beach? That is the best. Is it a nice beach? Relaxing and stuff? Not to mention that half-Mosque. That must have been pretty great. You look happy- I rike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've commented on almost all of your posts... so you might want to go back and check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Another sister-in-law! The honeymoon sounds so romantic too! But seriously, the wedding gear is very pretty! I would get married in that getup tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're looking like quite the Moroccan gangster. I support it. I also support taking engagement pictures even if you're not engaged- You never know.
    I can't beleive you are in Morocco. Is it dangerous there? Do they have Ice cream? Those are my first two questions when I go to visit a new area. If I'm mostly safe and I have ice cream, then I can do just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice wedding photo...It's no Steve Harrington, but it's nice nonetheless. The guy probably did in fact marry the both of you just as a funny prank. Why else would he force you to put on those goofy clothes? I bet Hermione payed him to do it. Hence the guilty look on her face. Yep, she's hiding something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. take her money and leave, yep :p

    ReplyDelete