Sunday, May 15, 2011

On the Links

Thomas, a friend, teeing off on a beautifully scenic hole.



Thomas and his wife. notice the long sleeves on both of them. His wife took off her gigantic sun-blocking visor for the picture. One thing's certain...these folks ain't dyin' of skin cancer. Reminds me of my grandpa hess---the only tan part of his body were his hands.


This is my caddy. Yes, I had a caddy. That's a first for me. She undressed a bit for the photo, too. Her pink whatever it is was closely tied around her face, making her look like she was wearing hijab with a hat. It was nice to have a caddy. She would point out to me where I should hit my putt every time and give me yardage estimates that seemed to be accurate. I beat everyone, so she must have known something.








Playing golf in Taiwan weather causes one to sweat quite profusely and so the private club provides a shower with a number of special creams, shaves, etc. after the round. It was a relaxing way to end the round. Its cool to to things in a foreign country that I regularly do at home and notice the differences and similarities. I'll have to tell you more about it, dad, since you're probably the only one who cares and knows about golf who reads this blog.














No comments:

Post a Comment