Sunday, May 15, 2011

Engagement Feast

I am eating the menu. Each vertical line represents a separate dish that was served at an engagement lunch this afternoon. The dish pictured below only counts as one dish. Notice it has about 5 different foods on it. We had loads of fancy seafood. I guess the wedding feast is even bigger. I am amazed every day at how much these people can eat, given they are so small. The set-up is pretty clever--tradition has it that each guest leaves a certain amount of money for the couple in a red envelope. The better you know the couple, the more money you leave. This pays for the feast and leaves the couple with a little dough in their pockets. I just thought the whole thing was a bit excessive, but then, so is my body hair.









No comments:

Post a Comment